Internal modem

Phil Beresford phil at philberesford.com
Mon May 3 17:06:52 PDT 2004

Hello All
Firstly can I just say hello. I am a newbie to this list and this is my
first posting.

I have just bought on eBay a new internal modem for my Ti667 off some guy in
Miami. I'm assuming it's come from a US machine and I want to know if it
will work in a non US TiBook. Mine's a UK book that I run in Australia. My
modem worked fine for 2 years before I accidentally melted it by plugging it
into a PABX system at work (doh!)

Apple's TIL has this to say about International users:

> Replacing International Modems After you have replaced a modem in Europe or
> Asia, open the software utility Modem  Country Selector and verify that the
> modem is set to the correct country. Modem Country  Selector is located in the
> Apple Extras folder on your hard drive or can be downloaded as  part of the
> Apple Modem Updater software bundle at http://asu.info.apple.com.

I don't have the 'software utility Modem'. I am running 10.3.1 Is there
anything I need to do/not do after installing the new modem to get it to
work outside of the US?

All help appreciated

Regards
Phil