[Ti] Internal modem

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon May 3 23:10:42 PDT 2004

At 10:06 +1000 4/5/04, Phil Beresford wrote:
>Hello All
>Firstly can I just say hello. I am a newbie to this list and this is my
>first posting.

welcome !

>I have just bought on eBay a new internal modem for my Ti667 off some guy in
>Miami. I'm assuming it's come from a US machine and I want to know if it
>will work in a non US TiBook. Mine's a UK book that I run in Australia. My
>modem worked fine for 2 years before I accidentally melted it by plugging it
>into a PABX system at work (doh!)

I cannot answer your question specifically, but I just wanted to tell you this:
my friend in Dubai told me that he had done the same thing, fried his
modem by connecting to a digital line.
.
However, it turned out that

"the modem socket (female RJ11 reseptacle) was broken.  The modem
itself is OK."

Just to say that sometimes two things happen at the same time, and
the source of the problem can be mis-identifed.

It was a good diagnostoc learning point with me, and thouight it worth sharing.

Trevor