[Ti] Norton Utilities for OSX

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu May 6 12:01:24 PDT 2004

>>The admin in my office just bought Norton Utilities for OSX....My last
>>experience with it around OSX 10.1 was that it totally destroyed my computer
>>and I had to reinstall all my data and the OS.
>>
>>Has Norton improved, or is it still a dangerous suite?

DiskWarrior is better, safer and easier to use.

Norton's problems have historically been with the tools designed to
improve performance rather than repair problems.  Disk optimization
is not as critical in OSX; IIRC, from an OSX list or perhaps this one
there was lengthy discussion about the ability of Unix to handle disk
fragging on its own.

I don't have any experience with newest version, nor will I ever
because Norton has not proved reliable enough for me.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com