Noises from the Ti pbk

Ken Johnson kr-johnson at comcast.net
Mon May 10 19:28:57 PDT 2004

I have a "new" (actually a refurb) Ti powerbook, which I've had for
less than a month.  It's been making some strange sounds - "scratching"
noises and light "clunks".  It has been getting worse since I first got
it, so, today, I ran it for several hours (sleep mode defeated except
for display).  Now, it doesn't boot.  I did a disk verify & repair from
the software install cd, that found minor problems & fixed them.  No
strange sounds during the test.  Then it did re-boot, but with even
louder sounds.

Does this sound like a hard disk crash?

Ken