Do Aluminum books need screen protection?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Tue May 11 21:24:58 PDT 2004

Most of us with Titanium powerbooks now have subtle indentations in our
screens where the trackpad edge and keys have rubbed on the screen while
closed.  This is apparently because Apple cut the margins a little too thin
when designing the world's thinnest laptop.

Since I have a new alumnimun powerbook on the way, I must ask, has Apple
fixed this with the aluminum versions, or do I still need to put something
in between the screen and the keyboard when transporting my new aluminum
powerbook?  I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has had one for a long
time and given it a lot of use and a lot of transporting.

Jerry