[Ti] Ti 667 memory and drive upgrades?

John Belen imacdude at mac.com
Wed May 12 07:09:02 PDT 2004

On May 12, 2004, at 8:34 AM, John wrote:

>> I actually bought it through our Dell (sorry) corporate account.
>> There is a difference between the 7K60, and the E7K60.  The "E" is a
>> little faster, quieter, and cooler.  I bought the IOgear 2.5"
>> external USB 2.0/Firewire enclosure for my old drive.  The throughput
>> on the hitachi drive specs out almost 3X faster than the OE drive.
>> That should be a speed-bump!!
>

> I thought one difference had to do with it's intended use (ie,
> embedded server vs laptop_?

I stand corrected.  I just went to the Hitachi site and the product
comparison.  Yes the "E" model shows system type Blade Server/Laptop.
The non-E, shows just laptop.  The real difference is in the shock
ratings, and the temperature.  The E model is cooler.  And since i did
the superdrive firmware hack, and that drive runs warmer.  I figured
the cooler-the-better!

Thanks for the correction

John Belen