[Ti] about [.mac] Virex 7.2

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu May 13 07:30:47 PDT 2004

>For example, it said that it had scanned x trillion files (I do
>exagerate) and deleted 3.
>But it does not say which 3 or why.
>
>There is no Log that records this information.
>
>How do I know that these are not OS-critical files that need to be replaced?
>
>Does anyone else have this kind of observation with Virex ?

change your prefs to NOT discard files, only report.  Of course you
have to manually go through that list of a trillion files and find
which ones it found errors with, but then you can determine whether
or not you want to through the files away...

though I have found Virex to be completely accurate in finding virus
files, I do not entrust any software to delete or install things on
my drive without my approval.  Software -- no software -- is that
good.