[Ti] Powerbook scamming the scammer

Sambouka sambouka at mac.com
Mon May 17 04:22:53 PDT 2004

Last x-mass my old man almost got scammed on a brand new powerbook from
Amazon.com. A guy from italy wanted to sell a powerbook that was given
to him as a x-mass gift. He created a website that was very similar to
paypal. I think it was called safedeals.com. The website looked very
legit. It had disclaimers, forms, user feedbacks...etc

A few days later, the site went down. At first, we thought it was the
ISP's proxy (proxies are pretty bad in Dubai). I did a google on the
site, and to my surprise, I found a complaint form about the website.
The same guy had scammed a few other people as well.

Luckily enough, we were able to get our money back before the wire
actually went through.

--
OS 10.3.3
Tibook G4 867 MHz,