[Ti] best HD for a TiBook?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon May 17 09:20:15 PDT 2004

Bill Fox typed this message on 5/16/04 8:22 PM:

> Check out this article <http://www.barefeats.com/pb12.html>.
>
> On May 16, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Charles Shere wrote:
>
>> I wasn't paying enough attention -- what's the consensus on the best
>> HD to replace the tiny 10G in my 500mHz (early) TiBook?

What I find interesting in the Barefeats Web site is that when you click on
the link for information about the MK8026GAX it takes you to the Toshiba
site where you find that the only drive that Toshiba U.S.A. does NOT provide
info for is the MK8026GAX. There is lots of info for the slower spinning
MK8025GAS drive but not the corresponding GAX drive. To find out about this
drive you have to do a search and go to some European or Asian sites, and
even there I have yet to find an actual spec sheet that one can download.

If anyone can find a decent PDF specification sheet on the new drives, I
would certainly appreciate that they share it here.

jg