[Ti] Powerbook scamming the scammer

John simplymail at ururk.com
Mon May 17 19:01:29 PDT 2004

>>  A guy from italy wanted to sell a powerbook that was given to him as
>> a x-mass gift.
>
> Yeah I know someone who (foolishly) sent a cheque to Italy in the same
> way. He lost £1000 that way.
>
> Strange coincidence (or not) but the scammer in this story calls
> himself Luciano.
>
> What is it with Italians and Powerbook scamming?

I won a Powerbook G4 on eBay that some Italian kid "got as a gift" blah
blah blah. I was very suspicious, and offered everything, form an
escrow service to meeting him in person (I knew someone who was in
Italy at the time). He dropped off communications, didn't post any
feedback. He got 3 consecutive negative bids.

I figured, the heck with it, I'll buy one as a student, and got the
current machine for the student price. At least I could trust buying
from Apple.