[Ti] Connecting an External Monitor

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue May 18 13:46:21 PDT 2004

A 23" Cinema Display!!! Good grief, man!

Well, it depends on the Pb. Any Powerbook since the last release of the
Titanium 1ghz DVI model have had Digital Display connectors. The only
problem is that since they are DVI connectors you need an Apple DVI -> ADC
adaptor. I have this system myself with my 15" 1.5ghz Aluminum Pb using a
17" Studio Display and it works great.

If you have an earlier Powerbook, you need to get a VGA -> ADC adaptor from
Dr. Bott. Only trouble here is that you don't get true Digital display
capability, but you do get pretty decent image quality.

Hey, trade you my Studio Display for your Cinema display...?

Jg