[Ti] Off_Topic: Are there OSX viruses?

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Wed May 19 14:54:23 PDT 2004

hi =)

i am no expert - but pretty much a computer nerd since over a decade
since i am very active on the net in all areas that you can think of
(legal + the other thingy) i get lots of spam every day (which is all
nicely filtered by mail.app and junkmailcentral) anyways, i also get
viruses, approx. 3-5 every week. but those are NOT written for
macintosh or unix, but for windoze ....
in the last 5 years that i have a mac i haven't actually seen one
macintosh attacking virus, worm or whatever is out there. i know that
there are some, but compared to the amount of windoze viruses it is
nothing, really.
i could be wrong though - i can only speak for my experience .......
interesting to hea what the others say =)

(btw i think its much more important to have a good configured running
firewall than any av software)