[Ti] OT: Red Hat on Mac?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri May 21 08:35:07 PDT 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Sambouka wrote:

> I appreciate the feedback Chris. Do you think you can give me a link
> on how i can install KDE or Gnome on top of aqua?

Yes, it's actually quite easy if you're familiar with Debian APT.  Go
to the fink project and install the binary distribution of Fink:
http://fink.sourceforge.net

Fink is a project that recompiles X11 and other Unix software for OS X.
  After you have Fink installed you can either install FinkCommander for
a GUI installation of packages, or you can go to the command line and
'sudo apt-get update && apt-get install kdebase3' plus whatever other
binary packages you might want.  They have pretty good documentation on
the site, and a complete listing of all available packages.  Of course,
you'll also need to make sure you're running Apple's X11 which you can
download from here ( http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/ ) if you
don't have it.
--
Chris