Big problem: TiPB keeps ejecting CDs and DVDs

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri May 21 15:39:23 PDT 2004

I really feel bad about this one...

The TiPB/DVI I sold to a friend to buy my new 1.5ghz Powerbook has a
spitting problem. He tells me that every CD and DVD he puts in the drive
refuses to mount. The drive just ejects then as fast as he puts them in.

Has anyone one had this happen? It has never happened to me with that
Powerbook (or any other for that matter).

My advice to him was rather obvious: Reset PMU, Reset PRAM, Reset firmware,
try booting from an external drive and see if it still happens... and in the
last resort, call AppleCare.

jg