[Ti] 2 machines, 2 different problems

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat May 22 06:44:36 PDT 2004

At 9:24 AM -0400 5/22/04, John McGibney wrote:

>The windows don't seem to remember the Icon placement nor settings to keep
>arranged by name. The global settings for Icon view are "Keep arranged by
>name" this setting doesn't change. But when the Applications folder and
>Utilities folder are opened they revert to "this window only settings and
>the icons, window size, etc. are all messed up. Window placement is off etc.
>If I set window view options back to global they stay for a while, usually
>the next reboot. If I set the "This window only" settings to keep...by name
>placement will also foul up after a while.

I have almost the same problem. Every time I run certain installers or log out or have my Finder quit and restart, or Restart my PowerBook, many of the folders I use (root level, Applications folder, Library folder, etc.) lose all their View Options. These are all 'this window only' settings. I spend a lot of time resetting the View Options every day, only to lose them when something eventually happens.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)