[Ti] Mac VPN vs. Win VPN ?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed May 26 01:24:45 PDT 2004

On 26 May 2004, at 07:32, Sambouka wrote:

> I am having a problem accessing my company's VPN. Every time i try to
> connect using my mac, the internet connection speed drops
> substantially. websites take forever to open, and ichat, msn
> messenger, and email dont work as well. Whilst my windowz laptop is
> able to connect to the vpn with no problems at all.
>
> Not sure why this is happening. Any feedback is appreciated.

interesting.

I have never (will do soon) connect to a VPN using the Mac VPN client.

Perhaps the VPN client in OSX is rather slow? Have you tried connecting
to another VPN just to test?

VPN's do place a large overhead on the hosts doing the processing. Is
your windows laptop of comparable speed?

Next time you connect, try using the top command to see which processes
are consuming CPU on your Powerbook.

--
Tarik