[Ti] How to remove OS9

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed May 26 13:08:52 PDT 2004

--On Wednesday, May 26, 2004 08:38 PM +0200 Arjan Bos <arjan.bos at hetnet.nl>
wrote:

>  I decided to remove OS9 from my machine.
>
> Could any of you please inform me what to remove? Since I've never worked
> with OS9 (this TiBook is my first Mac), I'm not sure which files and
> folders are involved. How do I find out?

OS 9 is contained in the following folders:
System 9.2.2
Applications (Mac OS 9)
Documents (THE ONE AT THE DISK TOP LEVEL, *NOT* THE ONE IN YOUR HOME
DIRECTORY. This one is probably empty)

However, if I remove some large OS9 applications that I added later
(Filemaker, Netscape, Outlook 98, AppleWorks), my "Applications (Mac OS 9)"
and "System 9.2.2" folder contain less than 200MB each. So it will be a
savings of well less than 1/2 GB. You may need Classic some time in the
future and the space savings is minimal, so I would just keep it.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com