[Ti] need root help

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sun May 30 11:47:31 PDT 2004

Always worth mentioning that having root user enabled can be
a significant security vulnerability.  That's why it's not
activated in default state of OSX, having the "sudo" command
line functionality available instead.  And if Kynan's system is
in this irregular a state after his actions, this root being
available even tho the system seems not to know it seems
worth being concerned about.

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Kynan Shook wrote:
 . . .
> I still haven't figured out exactly why this occurred - maybe a corrupt
> XML file somewhere.  The root user is still enabled, as I can log in as
> root using the above trick, but NetInfo Manager doesn't think it is
> enabled.
 . . .