[Ti] need root help

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun May 30 12:07:30 PDT 2004

I had this problem too for a while, but not any time recently.  What
was happening to me was the .DS_Store file in each folder (or perhaps
just its permissions?  I never checked...) would sometimes get
corrupted, and then after that point it would never save the settings
properly.  What worked in this case was to delete the .DS_Store file in
any affected folder, and then set the window how I liked it.  I forget
whether I had to log out and back in between those steps or not, it's
been a while since I've had to do it.

I'm guessing that this is a problem that existed through 10.1 or maybe
10.2, and the cause of the corruption got fixed, but not the previously
corrupted files.  Hopefully, if this works for you, once you've done
it, you won't have to do it again.

I agree that OS X still has a couple rough edges, but they are fewer
and fewer with every revision of the OS.  Can't wait to get to WWDC
this year to see what 10.4 has in store!