[Ti] need root help

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun May 30 15:27:38 PDT 2004

On 30/5/04 11:08 pm, "Lisbeth Zachs" <zachs at swedenmail.com> wrote (in part):

> And where do we normal users find this DS_Store file? Sounds like it is
> something invisable or available in Terminal. Or is it because I have a
> Swedish system I can't find anything looking even vaguely like it. :-)

Yes it is a hidden file as denoted by the '.' before the file name. You can
use several ways to see these files:

-use terminal and the ls command (for more info check man ls)
-use a third party program (I believe Cocktail has a simple box to check and
then all hidden files are visible)
-use BBEdit or BBEdit Lite to find and view such files

Probably others as well...

Don't forget that hidden files are hidden for a reason! The usual caution of
think twice (or more times beforehand) and (then and only then) act once
applies.

HTH,

Richard