[Ti] extended computing, was: [Ti] 19" Ti-books (oops, Al-Books)

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sun May 30 20:43:26 PDT 2004

Christoph Hammann paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Am 31.05.2004 um 00:10 schrieb b:
>>My LaCie, at home has been in front of me during more than a few
>>90+ hour jags... no eyestrain whatsoever.~flipper
>
>Wow, flipper but I do suppose you get sores at your posterior after
>4+ days in front of the computer, don't you? Do you sleep in front
>of it as well, Neo-wise as in Matrix, episode one?

Well, it's been over a year since those sorts of deadline-related
things were happening. But yes, if i close my eyes i can just about
smell the overflowing ashtrays, the microwaved burritos, boiling
black espresso..etc.

But I was too focused to actually 'feel' anything..until about 1
minute after the file was ftp'd to the printer's. (In Jupiter, FL, I
think).

I had a much nicer chair (speaking of the posterior)...ah yes,
wheels, armrests, the whole shebang... house, wrapped in DEFCON
4-style hurricane shutters... always kinda nightime...Internet
grocery orders... Wall St. Journal propped up against the door... and
5.1 surround sound PC gamer bedlam seeping in through the Koss
phones..from the roomie in the other room... air conditioner blasting
24/7.. right at me.  it was Quark hermit heaven, it was...

~flipper