[Ti] Wireless PC 5220 Card Causing Crashes on Insertion

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Sun Nov 14 13:12:06 PST 2004

I recently got a Verizon Wireless PC 5220 card (AirPrime) so I can
get online with my TiBook/400 from practically anywhere in the US,
and it works great -- I'm really happy with it -- except for one
thing. After using it and removing it, my TiBook crashes about 50% of
the time when I re-insert it or awaken it from sleep if I've left it
in. I can't figure out a pattern to the crashes -- it doesn't do it
every time. Upon restarting, it always works fine when inserted once
again.

I'm using OS X 10.3.6 (same problem under 10.3.5), and driver 1.0
from Apple. Anyone have a suggested procedure on how to finish a
session with this card so that the next session doesn't crash the
PowerBook? I've tried the menu command to turn power off to the card,
left power on, ejected the card before sleep, left the card in, etc.
-- every combination I could think of -- but haven't found one that
works yet. Am I out of luck until Apple updates the driver?

Bob