[Ti] SMART status failing: travelstar... upgrade?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Nov 21 14:36:23 PST 2004

At 23:20 +0100 21/11/04, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>2004-11-21 kl. 19.20 skrev Chris Olson:
>>Open a terminal window and type:
>>diskutil info disk0
>------------
>And what is the conclusion when I get the answer below?: (Or is it
>because I have two partitions on the HD that it is failing in
>reading SMART.
>
>    SMART Status:       Failing

Lisbeth - I have 4 partitions on my 80 Gb disk, so the partitioning
is not the explanation of why your SMART status is Failing.  I hope
it is not the onset of something serious!

I noted that your drive is not bootable nor is the low level format supported.
Same puzzling statements that I got.

regards,  Trevor