[Ti] PC travelstars in tibooks?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Nov 25 02:28:43 PST 2004

At 17:55 -0500 24/11/04, <maf291 at nyu.edu> wrote:
>Am I to assume that my 45 gig Travelstar
>that shipped with my 667 is definitely fried, if after lots of headaches,
>a complete 3 day long low level reformat, Disk Utility still shows it as
>S.M.A.R.T. status: failing?

Apart from SMART status "failing", is the disk apparently OK, after
reformatting?
Lisbeth is running a disk with that status, with no apparent problem,
as I understand.

However, I think that it is a reasonable conclusion that now is the
time to change the disk (if economics allow).  If I was you, I would
get a new fast hard drive.  I think it is too risky to have a known
problem with your essential media.

Trevor