[Ti] apop and Panther Mail.app

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Oct 3 22:15:58 PDT 2004

On Oct 4, 2004, at 12:01 AM, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> But wasn't the original issue the other way around? Mail.app tried to
> use APOP against the home ISP and the hotel ISP couldn't help with
> that service.

Actually, the hotel ISP is just the avenue to acquire an address and
get on the huge network we call the internet.  From there, the
connection is still directly from the mail client to the "home" ISP
POP3 server to download mail.  The wayport ISP would have nothing to do
with this unless they're using a firewall to block POP port 110.
--
Chris