[Ti] OT Lost in Unix - need a way out

Dr. Butch Anton butch at butch.net
Mon Oct 4 11:00:06 PDT 2004

On 10/4/04 12:00 PM, "Tim Heitzman" <timheitzman at centurytel.net> wrote:

> I reset my startup to "single user" using Cocktail. (Stop with the
> finger pointing and sarcasm, I know it was a stupid move.)  Now I need
> some help to get back to Mac OSX. Is there a keyboard restart combo
> that will startup from a CD? Or is there some code I can type that will
> get me back? Sorry to go off-topic, but you people seem to know more
> than the average lot.  Thanks

In theory, once you've booted single user ('#' command line prompt, no
windowing system), you should be able to hit ctrl-d, which will boot you to
multi-user, normal Mac state.  Then you can log in and run Cocktail and
reset it to multi-user.

Of course, this hint is worth exactly what you paid for it.  :-)

Dr. Butch Anton
butch at butch.net