[Ti] Cannot mount the HD! HELP !!!!!

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Wed Oct 6 07:34:04 PDT 2004

> From: Sam Moussly <sambouka at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Cannot mount the HD!  HELP !!!!!
> carlos,
>
> what happens when you try booting your OS? do you get a small flashing mac
> with a question mark? or does it just hang while trying to boot?
> also, did you try repairing permission by using disk utility at bootup?
>

> On Monday, October 04, 2004, at 03:27PM, Carlos Fernando Hernandez
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> Lately I have just been a happy observer of all the issues, but today my pb
>> doesnt want to
>> start up, I used the Drive 10 to repair the volume estructure, used utility
>> disc to verify the disc but doesnt want to mount the hard disc.

I will bet he is not able to see the HD when booting off the install CD to
do that.  Try cmd/s on booting and see if you can run fsck.
Otherwise, I would get a copy of Disk Warrior, boot from it, more often than
not it will see a HD in this condition where it will just not mount, run it
and then reboot.
This should repair it enough to boot.  After that, run cocktail or at least
disk utility and if all goes well, it should be fine.
I have had this same thing happen one time and this did the trick.
Fred