[Ti] [OT] humor from slashdot

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Oct 13 21:41:25 PDT 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 5:03 PM, mac2 wrote:

> yes, this is what the article was about, the Cherry OS that allows
> people to use MacOS X/Panther on top of intel hardware.  the item in
> italics was from a previous poster.
>
> I just enjoyed the "slashdot" commentary, and though that I would
> share it with the group.

CherryOS is vaporware.  It did manage to bring attention to a little
known streaming media company in Hawaii, however.  Pretty smart using
the Power Of Slashdot to get attention.

It's illegal to use such a thing unless Apple changes the license for
Mac OS X to allow it to run on non-Apple branded hardware.  Any
developer (or scammer) capable of using PearPC to fake a bunch of
screenshots should know that.  They'd also experience the wrath of
Apple's legal team if it was real.
--
Chris