[Ti] [OT] humor from slashdot

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Oct 16 18:01:43 PDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Shawn King wrote:

> Now that he's being made to look silly, he's "waiting till Monday to
> post the full story".
>
> Hey Leander - maybe if you had done that from the beginning, you
> wouldn't have so much trouble getting the egg off your face.

LOL.  I wrote a rather terse email to him yesterday after I read his
latest blog.  I suspect he'll now attempt to save face in light of his
initial story on the CherryOS "product" - a story that he jumped on at
face value and never checked out beforehand.

The PearPC guys are GNU/Pissed and went on a witch hunt.  It's amazing
how much you can dig up.  Turns out this "Arben" (the "inventor" of
CherryOS) has violated the GPL before, and he's now lying thru his
teeth.  Here's some interesting reading, which pretty much sums up much
of what I found out on my own as well:

http://www.artworxinn.com/alex/arben.htm

It's going to be *very* interesting to see how ole' Leander recovers
from this one :-)
--
Chris