[Ti] Retrospect vs. ABS Plus (back-up solutions)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 10:15:41 PDT 2004

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley typed this message on 10/20/04 2:18 AM:

> Malcolm - I have been using Retrospect backup for over a decade, and
> found it extremely solid and reliable.
>
> Currently, I have a 15" Al Powerbook, and Retrospect Express 5.0.
>
> It backs up to my external FW400 disk(s) at about 200 Mb/min, at best.
>
> Since I do frequent incremental backups, speed is not an issue for me.
>
> When I do a full back of my 80 Gb hard disk, I leave it running overnight.
>
> regards,  Trevor

You might want to give SuperDuper a look. I can do a full mirror backup of
my 80G Powerbook drive in less then 15 minutes! I can then do incremental
backups before I have a chance to go and pour myself a refill of coffee! It
is without a doubt the fastest backup software around, but it isn't free
like CCC.

jg