[Ti] Old Tibook repair Was:Question

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Oct 27 03:23:33 PDT 2004

2004-10-27 kl. 07.22 skrev Matt Kibildis:

> So i hook up my old mercury tibook and it will run with battery
> inserted (yes battery holds a charge), and the plug in.  If i unplug
> it, it shuts off, and the time is random with the date set sometime in
> 1969.  Tried resetting the pram by pushing that little button on the
> back and tried resetting the pmu.  Anyone have any ideas?  Do I need
> to put in a new pmu?
----------
(Left the whole question as I'm not sure you all read it with the first
not descriptive subject :-))

Firstly: Just curious why you call PB G4 400-500 somethins else than
just old Tibook. (Or are you by Mercury refering to some other Tibook I
don't know about?

I wonder how you know the battery is holding a charge if the computer
dies and shows all signs of a defective battery when you unplug it from
the current? (Are you possibly using this battery succesfully in
another Tibook?)

Are you asking us if you may have a damage hardware connection to the
battery and if that is replaceable? Is the Hardware Test CD which came
with the PB of no help in  checking if that is the problem?

If you enter the choice of seeing the loading of the battery in the
menubar you should be able to see if the battery is being charged in
this Tibook or if you now is limited to using this Tibook connected to
current.

More questions than answers I'm afraid. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 040712
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)