[Ti] Question

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Wed Oct 27 05:45:44 PDT 2004

Sounds like pram battery is discharged. Try plugging in the Tibook for 24
hours before unplugging it from the charger. The battery should be fully
charged and the pram, if its still good, will also be recharged.

To recondition your battery charge it fully, remove it and wait 30 seconds
before reinstalling it. Do this 3-4 times while leaving the charger
attached. I got this trick from a repair tech on another list.

John

> It could very well be your battery -- I saw this a few months ago.
> Despite the fact that the battery said it had a charge (both the meter
> and the lights on the battery), it never worked.  I think the "brain"
> of the battery had died.  Best bet is to try with another battery, if
> you can.
>
> On Oct 27, 2004, at 1:22 AM, Matt Kibildis wrote:
>
>> So i hook up my old mercury tibook and it will run with battery
>> inserted (yes battery holds a charge), and the plug in.  If i unplug
>> it, it shuts off, and the time is random with the date set sometime in
>> 1969.  Tried resetting the pram by pushing that little button on the
>> back and tried resetting the pmu.  Anyone have any ideas?  Do I need
>> to put in a new pmu?
>> --
>> Your friends confine you in their worlds,
>> one by one, a string of pearls.

  *----------- A Thought for the Day ------------*

Jean Kerr wrote, "If you can keep your head when all about
you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped
the situation."