[Ti] HD acting funny

b syrflip at verizon.net
Wed Sep 22 18:33:30 PDT 2004

Sam Moussly paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sam

I would avoid the updates. I don't have a 'backup system', as you do.
So, for me, there is no way i'll risk my Mac on anything that can
trash my OS. I've heard a lot of gripes about the latest 'security'
updates. But this news from you, has sealed it for me.

My advice, which the purists won't like, take a 'pass' on Apple's
security stuff. I can see that some people are running systems that
might benefit from, or been at risk without, the security patches of
late. but unless you're running a webserver, or have some other major
situation that is directly involved in the so-called 'vulnerability,
well, why fix something that is either not broken, or superfluous to
your operational needs?

As i said, i'm in a bad spot, with no way to re-install, so it's a
no-brainer for me if there's a risk of catastrophic OS failure,
still, if downtime, and re-installs don't bother you, then go for it,
otherwise.... why bother?

~flipper