[Ti] Advice Re: Security Update/!st Time App Launch Issue

b syrflip at verizon.net
Sat Sep 25 18:36:04 PDT 2004

okay, i know when I'm beaten.

I just got a "this file will launch Graphic Converter for the 1st
time, are you sure, etc" followed by Little Snitch saying "Apple
Software Update is trying to connect to port 80, whaddya wanna do?"

GKON is old as the hills, and I default Software update to 'manual",
so,  it all has to do with my nuking some specific system log(s),
correct, following a security patch?

I have a choice: Purge logs and be irked continually, or go with the flow.

It pains me to say, that i have (wisely, according to my nerves)
decided to "Go with the flow". So, which log(s) do I need to exempt
from my anti-fluff 'cleanup' routine, in order to keep my little
Apple 'helper', or, 'handholder' happy, and out of my sight, forever?
:=)

Chris O., I believe correctly identified the problem for me. I was so
irked at the time, but now the withering barrage of 'messages' has me
'too tired' to fight, that's the mark of 'defeat', no? heheh... So,
help. please.

on a related note, is the 1.1 security update of not long ago for
10.2.8 inclusive of the software that destroyed people's ftp
tunneling, or do I need to install the bad update, followed by the
'patch' ?

~flipper