[Ti] OS 9

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Apr 1 04:49:21 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 2:53 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> At 18:18 -0700 31/3/05, Bob wrote:
> I installed Panther twice and both times "it" requested the OS 9 disc.
>
> The Classic OS9 system is installed as part of 10.3.
>
> It may be on one of the other 3 Panther discs, but it is there for
> sure.  I have the classic OS9 running on my Al-book, and I have not
> seen or used an OS9 disc for years.

OS 9 is not part of Panther.  It comes as a Classic compatibility
option that you can install from your restore DVD/CD that shipped with
your computer.  The Classic OS 9 operating system that ships on the
restore disc is not a standalone bootable operating system.  It's a
crippled version of OS 9 designed to provide Classic support only.
--
Chris