[Ti] internet banking from my Powerbook

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 07:58:58 PST 2005

Since you guys brought up the subject I might as well mention one of my
biggest computer dissapointments. I used to use Quicken to download and
keep track of financial information. But my bank in California at the
time stopped supporting Quicken for Mac, and now I'm in Canada and my
bank here only allows me to download transactions in some strange
windows format that Quicken won't import. Things worked so well when I
could just push the update button in Quicken and all my transactions
were automatically added to the register, even though Quicken was a
lame program. Now my banking information is all pretty dispersed and I
have no easy computer way to keep track of it. It's all web-based now
-- credit cards, bank accounts, brokerage. I can't manipulate
information the way I like and most of the banks only allow acces to
the past couple of months.

When will someone come up with a uniform standard for financial
institutions and a good mac program that will download all the data?

Jim