[Ti] Please describe how you do backups?

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 19:28:45 PDT 2005

>How do you folks do backups?

I am very backup oriented since a few years ago when I had very subtle
motherboard problems that really made a lot of trouble (luckily-I was
backed up, but there were a few scary moments).

Today with firewire disks so inexpensive, if you aren't already backing
up, you should consider it. It's also a great way to "test" your
hardware, because making clones (I use Carbon Copy Cloner) doesn't work
many times when there are weird, small, intermittent, almost undetectable
problems brewing. You get tipped off in advance. It's an early warning
detection system and a back up solution.

So long for now, TOM