[Ti] Re: Please describe how you do backups?

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Wed Apr 6 00:12:59 PDT 2005

cd /Users

(note: change 'luomat' to your short name)

rsync -avz 							\
	--delete-after 					\
	--exclude "luomat/.Trash" 		\
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Mail"	\
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Application Support/Camino/Cache" \
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Application
Support/Firefox/Profiles/default.qbq/Cache" \
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Preferences/Opera Preferences/Mail/" \
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Application Support/NetNewsWire/Cache" \
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Caches" \
	--exclude "luomat/Library/Preferences/Opera 6 Preferences" \
	--exclude "luomat/Temp" \
	$HOME freebsd:backups/

"freebsd" is a local machine with a large hard drive with ssh enabled.

I'm not sure that rsync handles resource forks, but all my files are OS
X so I don't think that's as much of a concern (I could be wrong, I
don't know much about resource forks).

TjL