[Ti] Re: multi-core chips / more speed

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Mon Apr 11 08:04:09 PDT 2005

[This is not a flame.] Perceived or measured differences in clock speeds is
all well and good, but there are some of us who don't hang on every tick of
the processor's internal machinations.

After almost 20 years of using and supporting PCs, I switched to a PowerBook
and OS X because the Apple OS felt more elegant and polished than Windows.
Plus, the TiBook was *sexy*.

For me, it's more than raw horsepower. Elegance means something, too.

As always, YMMV. Better performance for apps upon which one relies is a
valid reason to prefer an alternative (inelegant <grin>) platform.

John / And, no, Chris, I *won't* get a job / JELyon