[Ti] Re: Tiger, tiger, burning bright?

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 19:41:44 PDT 2005

> I am about ready to buy a new PowerBook. I was considering the 12.1"
> but a techie who works on PBs a lot says they are much more difficult
> to repair than the 15.2. So I am going for the "standard".

I have a 12". All the stuff is just cram-packed into a smaller casing.
That's about the biggest difference between the 15" and the 12". The techies
just have to keep better track of what goes where.

The 15" has more breathing room and is more spacious inside. So it doesn't
look as cram-packed as a 12"

There are various guides to opening up the 12" and the 15". If you feel you
are competent in opening up the PB, then the size wouldn't matter.

But if you don't imagine yourself opening up the PB on a regular basis then
don't sweat it.

I'd base my buying decision on something else besides being more difficult
to repair. That's why we get AppleCare - no sweat off our backs.

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET