[Ti] Re: satellite internet / DVB-S cards

TerHuston at aol.com TerHuston at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 13:11:44 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/13/05 2:21:24 PM, lists at tntluoma.com writes:

> This was DirecWay.  I absolutely suggest avoiding them.

When you have a few weeks to listen, I have a tale of woe that can trump
*anybody's* story. One chapter: With DirecWay, you have to keep paying your
monthly fee even if you don't have service. This keeps your account active because
they will not repair accounts that are inactive. Then you have to *apply* for a
refund. Since my service was out for over a month, such a refund had to be
approved by Somebody Else (not the ingoranus I was talking to in billing). I
have about 30 more chapters, including the FCC and the BBB, missed appointments,
etc.

[sigh] But I have no choice. Although I get at least 10 mail and phone
solicitations per month from Verizon DSL, they won't upgrade the phone lines and I
can't really get it. That hasn't stopped them from annoying me.

Bottom line: if you have an alternative, use it.