[Ti] AI Trackpad - STILL major deficiency after 10.3.9

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Mon Apr 18 08:26:40 PDT 2005

Just upgraded to a third form/factor/style 15" Powerbook (Ti 400,
Ti667DVI) with the recent purchase of an AI 1.67 SuperDrive. Each
incarnation has brought a smile and a hope that recognition that this
is probably the best yet. Absolutely that applied to the Ti 667 DVI.
However, the new trackpad just plain sucks.

The keyboard is a real improvement. However, the trackpad is a
stumbling, step backwards. Why is this? And why can't it be fixed? I
think we AI user's should rally up in protest. It is so bad that it
continually erodes any flow when I have to stop, tap, fix the damn
pixel jump and this is providing it didn't ignore my original tap on
the trackpad with me having to really tap it to recognize. GRRRR

I was hoping the recent release of 10.3.9 would address this as it
mentions trackpads as one of the upgrade areas. If there is an
improvement then there is still much work to do.

After the accurate, sensitve trackpad on my Ti667, this damn thing is
a major drawback. And quite frankly am pissed at it. Sure hope Tiger
offers a solution.

Other than this SERIOUS drawback this is one fine powerbook.

Hopefully your mileage is much better.

Rod

--
Rod Duncan

        "Buy a Mac and be thought a fool
or buy a Windows box and remove all doubt."

   Still virus free...  and after ALL these years.