[Ti] AI Trackpad - STILL major deficiency after 10.3.9

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Mon Apr 18 12:46:26 PDT 2005

>On Apr 18, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>
>>Rod - I am a little puzzled by your experience, as the trackpad on
>>my Al-125 is just perfect.
>>As good or better than the pad on my Ti-500.
>>
>>I cannot think of any problem at all with it.
>
>Same here with a new 1.5GHz 15".

Well guys... that is good news. Here I was thinking it was a
deficiency in the new trackpad across the whole AI spectrum. I had
read earlier experiences and thought this new trackpad was now the
norm.

My problem is in the tapping. It jumps a number of pixels away from
say a chosen word forcing me to have to realign the cursor. After a
perfect experience with the 667 this is counter-intuitive AND
counter-productive.

Also, whereas the 667 trackpad was more sensitive and never required
a second and HARDER tap to get it active. That is the ONLY complaint.
The new keyboard is marvelous by comparison. The brighter screen, the
ambient keyboard etc. are all fabulous. I guess a call to Apple is in
order.

Thanks for your input.

Rod
--
Rod Duncan

        "Buy a Mac and be thought a fool
or buy a Windows box and remove all doubt."

   Still virus free...  and after ALL these years.