[Ti] Problem using Safari in 10.3.9

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 14:57:44 PDT 2005

From: "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch>
Subject: Re: [Ti] Problem using Safari in 10.3.9

David - thanks !  It could also be a bit clearer.

This is what my Terminal gives when I type 'java -version':

        java version "1.4.2_05"
 Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.4)
        Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

Is this Java 1.4.2 Update 2?  Probably, but not clear.

So why does my safari 1.3 still quit after 2 seconds?

I do not have the acidsearch.bundle anywhere on my Powerbook.

TREVOR

Trevor,

Did you go to Library/application support/SMBIL/plug-ins/whatever is in
there...should be acidsearch.
Trash it if it is there. Then re-launch safari.  If it  is not there, then I
would work with the java fix on MacFixit.
Hope that works.
Cheers