[Ti] iChat working.....

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Apr 21 04:16:21 PDT 2005

At 18:34 -0400 20/4/05, Alan Thompson wrote:
>>Perhaps iChat does not "protocol hop" like the Yahoo! IM client does.

Alan - my ISP (I could change, as there is no subscription basis) is
now SaudiNet.  I have used about 5 differnet ISP so far, without any
difference as far as iChat is concerned.

I use PROXY.SAUDI.NET.SA:8080 for my proxy.

>Perhaps iChat will not try to do this, and will only try to
>communicated on specific designated ports?
       iChat uses Port 5190 (the Prefs say) to connect to the AIM
server login.oscar.aol.com

ALAN - I saw that the iChat default protocol was SOCKS 5, ad wondered
if changing that would affect anything.  So I changed the protocol to
http, and suddenly I got an iChat connection!
So your comments inspired a little experimenting, and I have got a
connection.  Thank you very much.

TREVOR