[Ti] worst update ever?

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 22 09:20:00 PDT 2005

> From: "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch>
> Subject: [Ti] worst update ever?
>

> Is it just me, or is 10.3.9 the worst update ever?  :-)
>
> It took me quite a bit of effort just to get Safari 1.3 to work
> (re-installing the Java updates and security updates and finally
> re-installing Safari using Pacifist).  New Java patch today.
>
> Yesterday (may have been a freak) I had endless 'hanging disconnect'
> combined with being unable to dialup (although that seems fine
> today!).
>
> Today I have had Virtual PC6 (I moved back to VPC6 sometime ago
> because it is so stable, compared to what has happened now that M$T
> has started to get involved...) quit.
>
> Stuffit expander also Quit (never seen that.....).
>
> Overall, I get the feeling that 10.3.9 has not helped one iota in
> terms of stability.
>
> How does everyone else feel?

The only problem I had was with Safari and that was fixed quickly. Everyone
else i know who ran the update had Safari issues but that is it and those
were repaired quickly as well.  The run many of the same apps you do and
even do dialup from time to time as well, but no issues at all.
Not sure why you are having such and so many issues. Maybe a total clean
install is in order in the near future.