[Ti] Re: Titanium Digest, Vol 8, Issue 22

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 01:26:35 PDT 2005

>>> Now Up-to-Date and Contact version 5 is in the final  rounds of beta
>>> testing.
>
> After supporting this software for many, many years, I'm letting it go.
> They've worn me down over time to the point that I don't care about it
> much anymore.

Hello John,

I also was no longer fascinated with NUD/C 4 and the lack of updates also
grinded me on as well. Bugs still lingered and the user interface needed a
serious overhaul. The only advantage for NUD/C was that it was one of the
first PIMs to come to OS X. There weren't any real feature updates other
than OS X compatability.

I've been on the watch for a good PIM but the OS X market seems to be
seriously lacking.

Chronos Personal/Group Organizer hasn't been updated in a long time but it
has been a serious contender for me to run against NUD/C 4.

OD4Contact has some great contact features that had me excited but it lacked
serious calendar features to prevent me from adopting it. It does show a lot
of promise.

iCal and Address Book are nice for the average user but lacks serious
firepower for heavy duty PIM users.

Microsoft Entourage was OK but it just didn't "feel right" to me. But I do
like the idea of a Project Center.

John, are there any other PIMs that you have been using that I may have
missed?

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET