[Ti] VGA Question...

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 16:24:36 PDT 2005

At 05:20 PM -0500 04/28/05, Bill Reburn wrote:
>On 4/28/05 9:08 AM, "John" tapped out:
>

>>  Anyways, I'm looking to the "future" and plan to get a 15" Al when the
>>  next school season comes along. But I'd like to get the display now, as
>>  my Ti's screen is feeling a bit cramped (I use two 19" CRT's at
>>  work...) when I work at home.
>>
>>  Will the Ti support 1680 x 1050? And will I have to close the lid?
>>
>>  Thanks!
>
>I believe so, but couldn't say for sure - shoot an email at Apple.. Or
>perhaps cruise through the Apple website product section, I am sure the info
>is on the specs for that computer. Sorry I haven't been around enough Al's
>to know the answer to that one. But, if my oollld Ti (550mhz)  with 16MB of
>video ram can do 1600x1200 without breaking a sweat, I would believe the Al
>will have no problems with that resolution with it's ATI Mobile Radeon 9700
>with 64MB's!

They should, since I can run my 22" Cinema Display (1600x1024) from
my 800MHz TiBook, I'm pretty sure they can at least run the HD (23")
Cinema Display (1920x1200), since mine only has 32MB VRAM.
According to Apple the newer 15", "support up to 1024 x 768 pixels on
the built-in display and up to 2048 x 1536 pixels on an external
display, both at millions of colors".  So, you should be set, even a
22" CRT can't go much higher than that.

erik g