[Ti] How To Move My Acc't to the new Powerbook?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:03:01 PDT 2005

Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

>29 apr 2005 kl. 12.53 skrev ~flipper:
>>I did the erase/partition on the new one.
>---------
>Precisely! You wiped the new PB clean from the SetupAssistant
>preinstalled on it. I can't really understand why you felt a need to
>do that, but be that what it may, the SetupAssistant is gone and you
>have (or had) to do the transfer unneccessary complicated. Sorry
>about that.

All is well. I installed Tiger tonight. All my apps were already
moved over, via firewire. I have Migration Assitant now... heheh. A
bit late, but it's of no consequence.

The Powerbook was used, for perhaps a week. It was very clean,
perfect, really, but I always use a separate partition for the 'swap'
file, and keep a small  system on a very smll partition for
troubleshooting, just in case. So, a clean erase and partitioning wa
'part of the deal', from the beginning.

brian s