[Ti] TI upgrade ?

Bradley Ellis brad212 at mac.com
Thu Aug 4 05:21:04 PDT 2005

Hey David,

Good question.  I guess I was lucky.  When I spoke with an AppleCare technician, I was advised to reconfigure my PowerBook back to the original configuration before I shipped my PowerBook back to Apple (to avoid any potential warranty void issues).  I dutifully followed said advice and had no problems (in fact, AppleCare replaced my orginal 30 gig hard drive - which had been acting as a "back-up" drive for my wife's pc).

I was also told I should reinstall the original 256K RAM (i.e. remove the after-market 1 gig of RAM I had installed)before I shipped my PowerBooked to AppleCare.

Sincerely,
Brad